According to the 5th Constitution of Meiho Institute of Technology, “The Multicultural Society Development Center” was established to keep pace with the trends of social development, combining available local resources and Meiho Institute of Technology instructor's areas of expertise, creating a special organization that is unique to Meiho Institute of Technology. The Mission Statement of this Center is listed below:
1. To cooperate with governmental social, educational and cultural policies, this center has been put in charge of the implementation of research in multicultural and teaching affairs.
2. To conduct lectures dealing with multi-culture, teach methods of multicultural lectures, learn how to evaluate and conduct other multicultural research.
3. To bring together local resources, oversee various regional activities, and promote multiculturalism in our society.
4. To accept and oversee related on-campus and off-campus research and service planning.
5. To evaluate problems encountered promoting multicultural polices, and provide consultation and strategies to overcome these problems.