Students’ career and technical certificate
It is following the current trend that the department changed its name to health business administration in 2007. In Taiwan, the market of aged industries will reach NTD 3,593,700,000,000 and it will be about USD 37.38 million millions. The Executive Yuan has announced six sunrise industries. One of them called “healthcare appreciation platinum program” which includes the investments of the industries in medical care, long-term care, smart medical care service, and so on with the total amount of NTD 86,400,000,000. Apparently, future competition will be in health, especially in preventive health management, which can provide the health industries with integrated and technical output value and unlimited business opportunity. It also provides the students with unlimited employment opportunity.
In order to promote the students’ competition in job market, the department obtained an employment program project from Labor Committee in 2008. In the future, the department will also increase students’ diversified industrial training programs such as practical training and sandwich teaching program. A survey of graduated students’ employment rate was completed every year from 2008 to 2010, and it showed that between 50 and 60% of graduated students were working in the healthcare related job market. Healthcare related job market in the south of Taiwan includes more than 250 medical care clinics and some other fast-growing industries such as long-term care and mental care institutions and small- and medium-sized elderly caring and nursing organizations. These institutions need basic-leveled and middle-ranking staffs so that the graduated students of department will have diversified employment opportunities. As for in-service students, they have been working and come back to the department for second special skill. It is expected they will have more progressive performance in their career.
The department will go toward diversified industrial and academic cooperation pattern, combine industrial and academic training objectives, and increase students’ employment rate. The methods are shown below:
(1) continuously acquire for employment program project from Labor Committee
(2) actively cooperate with health industries
(3) promote practical training and sandwich teaching program and increase students’ employment rate and employment ability
(4) conduct practical training seminar or lectures and comply with a series of career planning programs organized by Career Planning and Alumni Center
(5) actively guide the students to obtain three professional certificates including Medical Care Manager Certification, medical information manager of Taiwan Association for Medical Informatics, and C-level Physical Fitness and Exercise Instructor. The teachers will include professional certificate test into their teaching materials and hope the students can obtain these certificates before graduation.
(6) implement the policy of “professional certificate merging into teaching”, and related courses are designed for the possession of certificates. The employment market and professional certificate are classified according to the characteristics of curriculum modules and certificates (also see Curriculum Plan).
According to the certificate reward policy of Career Planning and Alumni Center, the department encourages the students to acquire the certificates. The related professional certificates of the department include: Medical Record Manager, Disease Classification Supervisor, Medical Care Manager, Medical Care Manager Certification, Health Promotion Supervisor, Health Promotion Instructor, Medical Information Analyst, Medical Information Supervisor, C-level Physical Fitness and Exercise Instructor and so on.
Last modified date：2012/12/25