Research areas focused on projects aiming at promoting Health Industry using biotechnology, including healthy and organic foods, Chinese herb, microorganism, molecular biology, poultry and live stock and bio-fuel etc.
1. Health industry – preventive medicine
- includes organic and safe products production, residual analysis and certification, traceability certification of agricultural products, environment-friendly health management and production of animals and plants.
2. Molecular virus and pathology
- includes screening biological extracts for anti-oxidation, anti-inflammation, anti-Hepatitis B and C and anti-cancers.
3. Biological control
- includes microbiology and immunology, pesticide toxicology, environment-friendly control of pests.
4. Flowering and fruiting physiology and phylogenetics
- including flowering and fruiting physiology as well as physiology of some tropical fruit species, such as bananas, mangos, sugar apples and wax apples.